This page has moved to a new address.

Guest Blogger - Little Circus Design

My Poppet : your weekly dose of crafty inspiration: Guest Blogger - Little Circus Design

My Poppet : your weekly dose of crafty inspiration

Saturday 18 June 2011

Guest Blogger - Little Circus Design

Wow, hello my name is Madeleine, here I am mighty chuffed to be babysitting the lovely My Poppet blog!

I’m a huge admirer of Miss Cinti, she knows that for real because I used to frequent her concrete and mortar store almost every week including night time drive-bys just to gain a squiz at Miss Cinti’s deft window displays, oh them were the days.

Whilst the savvy Miss Cinti and her trusty co-traveller Pilgrim familiarise themselves with the cryptic Japanese subway system, I’ve been entrusted to entertain you with a daily snippet of life in Little Birdsville.

The last 12 hours have been devoted to completing an image that I am donating to a super exciting new publication called BIG Kids Magazine which I was dead keen to share with the My Poppet readers.
Big Kids mag is the brainchild of creative duo Jo Pollitt and Lilly Blue. Part of the Big manifesto is to produce an ethically, aesthetically beautiful, green magazine that inspires bravery, imagination and generosity through collaborations between children, parents, diverse communities, and contemporary artists working across creative disciplines. The first issue is set for release in September but in the meantime you may like to befriend them on Facebook or follow them on their blog for regular updates.

I challenged myself to complete the image in a day based around the theme of flight which is quite apt because the lovely Cinti and Pilgrim could be airborne right about now, jet setting their way to the land of Astro Boy and cherry blossoms.

Sayonara girls, enjoy the shopping and make sure you visit The New York Bar on the 52nd floor of the Park Hyatt, you’re sure to be blown away by the magical city skyline at night. Take turns pretending to be Bob and Charlotte, have a blast!

Thanks, we will because I love the movie Lost in Translation. I'll have to wear bulldog clips on my jacket. Ha ha!

Labels: ,