This page has moved to a new address.

Vintage Sesame Street...in Spanish!

My Poppet : your weekly dose of crafty inspiration: Vintage Sesame Street...in Spanish!

My Poppet : your weekly dose of crafty inspiration

Tuesday 22 February 2011

Vintage Sesame Street...in Spanish!

I'm surrounded by vintage Sesame Street at the moment, I've just acquired a heap of fantastic vintage fabric (you can grab some here) and Emma is enjoying this book that was mine as a child.
It's in Spanish and is from the 70's, called Abrete Sesamo, which literally translates to Open Sesame :)
The illustrations are super fun and Emma really loves Cookie Monster, she always puts on a deep voice and says 'aghw aghw aghw' its so cute. Cookie monster is my fave too!

The other illustrations I particularly enjoy is the professions. You to can grow up to be Santa, or a Bullfighter.
It's refreshing to see that Bert and Ernie have not aged a bit in nearly 30 years and have kept their groovy 70's turtle necks. I hope they don't get 'updated', those stripes are so comforting, every time Emma and I watch Sesame Street together, I feel 30 years younger.

Labels: ,