This page has moved to a new address.

Time to stop and smell the flowers...

My Poppet : your weekly dose of crafty inspiration: Time to stop and smell the flowers...

My Poppet : your weekly dose of crafty inspiration

Sunday 12 December 2010

Time to stop and smell the flowers...

Aren't these just the most perfect orchids you have ever seen? I took them from Mr Man's Christmas party function...I'm turning into my mother, she always walks out with the floral arrangements.

Anyway I'll get to the point...when do we really have time to 'Stop and smell the flowers?'
I have been reflecting on this today. You see I've had a few market events in the past few weeks which have all been super hard work and unfortunately a big disappointment. I know my stuff is pretty awesome, but when you spend weeks making stuff, get up at 6am, pack and unpack the car several times all to come home with not much to show, your ego takes a big blow. It makes me wonder why I put my self through it all?

And then today I had the most fortuitous meeting with a store owner who cleared me out of quite a lot of my stock for her new shop. Will blog about it soon.

So today's decision to cancel next Sundays market and all my 2011 bookings has left me feeling a little giddy.
I'll need to take my hay fever tablets this week because I'll be sniff sniff sniffing those flowers, enjoying my freedom and lack of commitments. I now feel free to create for real!

Expect some interesting things here soon, maybe not 'marketable' but that's the whole idea...

Labels: ,