This page has moved to a new address.

Babushka love...

My Poppet : your weekly dose of crafty inspiration: Babushka love...

My Poppet : your weekly dose of crafty inspiration

Thursday 17 April 2008

Babushka love...

It's Babushka central around here at the moment! But what's not to love? My fascination with these little nesting dolls started as a little girl, we would visit a friend of my mother's who had a really big one with lots and lots of little nestling dolls inside, the smallest one was just a wee little thing the size of a pea. Kept me entertained for hours. I never had one of my own until my travels in Russia and eastern Europe a few years ago, the choices were endless but I was 'allowed' to bring home 2 or 3 as souvenirs. They sit on my dressing table now (and could use a good dust!) just waiting for some more companions. I have to resist taking home the little girls that keep me company at the store because I must learn to share...

These girls are little rattles made from vintage fabrics and tea towels. They are $18 each and would make a very special present for a baby girl, I just love them.